Auto receipt is a feature works with footer message in mail body. Through a predefined footer message(html tag), when a recipient read this mail, the html url will send information back to your server and generate a report for it. Therefore, you will know detail report about WHO reads your mail, WHEN he read, WHERE he read, WHAT he read. To use this feature, there are several steps need to do:
Suppose your webmail url is http://www.abc.com.tw:81 ,
IP is 126.96.36.199
- Modify \templates\appendmsg.html to be
* Do not use WYSWYG editor to edit these templates, using NOTEPAD is recommended.
- Enable [Server settings]->[Preference(1)] -> [append footer message in mail content]
- This appendmsg.html is memory cached. After file modification, please restart raidenmaild smtp/pop3 service to apply new file.
- Setup sending format in your mail client (ex: outlook express) to be [None] or [Quoted Printable] ..etc, can not use [BASE64] format.
- Login webmail, enable [Option] -> [Enable auto receipt].
How to test
Just send a mail to your another outside mail address via raidenmaild, then check this mail footer having below message or not. If the image was shown, it means it already sent back the info to raidenmaild.
[AutoReceipt] was sent to XXX@abc.com.tw
Then, how to review your auto receipt report? Please login webmail or receive mail via POP server, you will see a mail, its subject format looks like below:
AutoReceipt Report at Fri, 4 May 2007 09:34:14 +0800
This report mail recorded WHEN / WHERE / WHO read your mail:
Your mail (subject) was displayed by XXX@abc.com.tw from 220.135.***.** at Fri, 4 May 2007 09:34:14 +0800
Thanks for your reading.
Back to Index
Last update : 2007/05/16